Are you afraid to look at your to do list because a big scary project is lurking there? Maybe it’s writing your memoirs or cleaning out the garage. Maybe you really want to do it or maybe you feel like it’s an obligation you can’t wiggle out of. Whatever the case, it’s draining your confidence and productivity.
Reclaim your peace of mind by learning how to jump start stubborn projects. Take a look at these suggestions to help you move ahead and avoid future impasses.
1. Break it down. Divide a massive project up into little pieces. Create intermediate deadlines and milestones where you can evaluate your progress. The process will look more manageable when you separate out each task and component.
2. Start somewhere. Take a first step. You can begin with the easiest job or the top priority. Once you create some momentum, it will be easier to keep going.
3. Identify your peak hours. If possible, work on challenging tasks when you are at your top capacity. If you’re a morning person, that could mean putting in a couple of hours before your day job. If you prefer evenings, ensure you stop before bedtime.
4. Ask for help.
We can accomplish more when we collaborate with others. Exchange services with a colleague so you both can cover the areas where you shine, and find support for where you need to grow.
5. Minimize distractions. Make it easier to hunker down. Move away from the phone, snacks, and video games. Stay off the internet unless you need it for your work.
6. Take a break. On the other hand, maybe you need some strategic time off. Stop thinking about your project for a day or two so you can view it with fresh eyes.
7. Assess the costs. Increase your motivation by calculating how much it’s costing you to neglect a certain activity. Are you losing money or other things you value?
8. Focus on rewards.
Above all, think about how good it will feel to complete your project. Give yourself a treat or just bask in the sense of accomplishment.
Adjusting your attitude and work methods can help you forge ahead with projects that used to linger around like the smell of burnt popcorn. Figure out what’s behind your procrastination, and devote your time and energy to your top priorities. You’ll soon be checking that sticky project off your list.
Enter your text here...
Get your eBook on How to Make your Challenges into Opportunities below.
SO DO YOU LIKE TO HAVE MORE OPPORTUNITIES IN LIFE?
LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR CHALLENGES INTO OPPORTUNITIES!!!
Please enter your first and email address below to GET my FREE eBOOK below!!!.